Saturday, April 15, 2006

Watercolor Paintings

I've been doing a series of watercolor paintings over the past couple of years based on a 'doodle' style. Sometimes they seem to have been influenced by the tatoos of the South Seas, like the Maori. I painted Revolutionary Spirit last year. [Sorry about the reflections. I didn't unframe it to photograph it.]


Chanticleer


Sometimes events in the news interfere with making 'pretty' pictures. Below is Three Iraqi Women.



Here is a watercolor collage called Flame Aloe.





2 Comments:

At April 17, 2006 8:39 AM, Blogger Dr. Steve Feldman said...

I hadn't seen "Flame Aloe" before. Tell me about how you did it? Is it separate pieces of paper?

 
At April 17, 2006 8:46 AM, Blogger sigrid said...

Flame Aloe is a collage made from failed watercolor paintings so the pieces are all heavyweight paper. I used a craft knife to cut out the leaf shapes and then lightly scored the curvy line in the middle, not cutting through. It is then folded along that line and glued to the backing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home